Plumbing is responsible for a huge percentage of mobile home repairs.
Most mobile homes in the Phoenix, Arizona valley are unoccupied for half of the year. When you arrive to find you have a plumbing problem, rest assured you can call on Option One Plumbing & Rooter to be there for you.
Sometimes it is necessary to drain the entire plumbing system in your home. Some of the most common reasons to do this include:
- Fixing a water hammer problem
- Seasonal winter shut down of a property
- Major plumbing repair
Seasonal shut down of properties that are not used year round is common in this area.
Draining the Plumbing System
To drain the plumbing system, proceed as follows:
- Shut off the main water valve.
- Open all the sink faucets.
- Open the tub/shower faucets.
- Flush all the toilets.
- Leave the faucets in an open position.
There should be no water coming out of any faucets except a possible slight residual drip from the lowest faucet as any remaining water in the pipes dribbles out.
That’s it, you are done.
Charging the Plumbing System with Water
To activate the plumbing system and refill it with water, proceed as follows:
- Open the main water valve slowly to let the water back into your pipes.
- Now, one by one, turn the faucets off.
- The air/water sputters out until only clear water flows from the faucet.
- Discolored water is normal at first.
- Flush the toilets and thats all it takes.
If you need any help with this process or have any questions, give our office a call and we will help you.