HOW TO DETECT A GAS LEAK AND WHEN TO CALL A PLUMBER
5 Ways to Detect A Gas Leak
Being a homeowner or renter can bring in a lot of new thoughts, with questions like; Do I smell a “Gas leak?” or, my water bill is high, do I have a “water leak?” These concerns are valid and they give you a good reason to double check your plumbing fittings around the household. Want to know where to get started? We will help you with 5 ways to find a “Gas Leak.”
You might have noticed an odd smell–don’t hesitate to check your gas lines.
- Some of the major areas that you should check before you call Option One Plumbing are:
- Gas Oven
- Natural Gas Dryer
- Water Heater
- How you can check
- Using the “Soap method” with regular household supplies: In your home you most likely have the needed supplies to make this work. All you need is dish soap, water, glycerin, and a spray bottle. (Note: Have a clean rag with you to wipe any overspray, and to clean up.)
- 1/2 cup dishwashing detergent
- 4-1/2 (4.5 liter) cup water
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) glycerin
- Shake, Shake, Shake!
- 🍣 Remember “Finding Nemo? Bubbles!” – Check For Bubbles
- In this case, bubbles are not your friend. Check your suspected area and spray! If you see a bubble then you have a leak, bummer! This is an urgent issue, open up your doors and windows. Allow your home to breathe so the flammable gasses are not building up in your home.
- ⚠️ Call Option One Plumbing – We will get this gas leak fixed for you in no time!
- Dying Plants
- A good way to check for a gas leak is to look around your home at any live plants you may have, this is taking into consideration that you take care of your plants. If they are dying, this may be a sign that you have a gas leak. (or you’re not watering them.)
- The Hissing Of The Pipes
- Normally, you would hear a hiss in your walls, take a moment and listen. If that is the case, you may have a gas leak. Turn off your gas and call Option One Plumbing. (Every call, you will receive a gas wrench for your home)
- If your house is talking to you, you should probably call a priest. But in most cases, you just need an Option One Plumber.
- Natural Gas Detector
- Don’t risk it. Purchase a detector on Amazon or goto your local hardware store and purchase one.
These tips are to help you identify a gas leak if you suspect one. But If you believe you have a gas leak, do not wait, call Option One Plumbing right away. We may need to cut into your drywall, but don’t worry, we measure out our cuts so that they are easy to be patched.
LABOR DAY WATER HEATER SPECIAL
IS YOUR WATER TEMPERATURE FLUCTUATING?
WATER HEATER MAKING POPPING SOUNDS?
ARE YOUR ENERGY BILLS HIGH?
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR LABOR DAY SPECIAL AND SAVE BIG!!